New blog posts will be coming biweekly so check back soon or follow me on Pinterest!
Monday, February 9, 2015
Welcome
Welcome to my blog, or welcome to the allergic life. I got the idea of starting this blog for food allergic teenagers over the summer. Obviously, I didn't follow through with posting. But it's almost Valentine's Day, and I got invited by a group to go get ice cream. I honestly didn't know what to do. Should I go and not eat? Should I bring my own food? Should I suggest a different activity? Should I just stay home and binge watch Netflix? (Yes, my life is that sad.) I asked my allergy support group and, with their help, decided to go to ice cream then do a different activity with my best friend once ice cream was over. But, my group's reactions made me realize that problems like this are a common, yet not frequently addressed, issue. So I'm bringing it here. Those of us who face situations like this are the only ones who understand. We need to band together. Maybe my story will help one of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment