I'm pretty tolerant of the lack of food allergy knowledge from people around me. But there are some flat-out stupid questions that I get tired of hearing. Here are the top 15 stupid questions people ask me about my allergies, as represented by Jennifer Lawrence GIFs.

15. "Are you that girl with the weird food allergies?"
 |
| Oh yeah, I don't have a name anymore. |
14. "Do you ever stop talking about food allergies?"
 |
| How about you don't bring them up. |
13. "Are you sure you can eat that?"
 |
| I am sure. Or as sure as possible. Believe it or not, I don't want to die. |
12. "Does the EpiPen hurt?"
 |
| I suppose this is a legit question. But seriously, do you want me to stab you so you can find out for yourself? |
11. "I get it. I get a stomach ache if I eat too much ice cream, too."
 |
| Not technically a question but really? |
10. "At least you aren't tempted to eat bad food all the time, huh?"
 |
| Suuuuuure. |
9. "Have you, like, died before?"
 |
| Yes. Becoming a zombie changes you. |
8. "What do you even eat?"
 |
| I eat everything I'm not allergic to. |
7. "You must be so skinny because you don't eat gluten, right?"
 |
| I'd rather be fat than allergic. |
6. "Have you tried getting more exercise? I hear it can prevent allergies."
5. "Allergic to milk? So you're lactose intolerant."
 |
| Do we need a chemistry lesson? Or maybe anatomy? |
4. "What would happen if I put [insert allergen here] into your food?"
 |
| Let's not try to poison me. |
3. "One bite won't kill you, right?"
 |
| No comment. |
2. "Can I stab you with your EpiPen next time?"
 |
| Are you still plotting my death? |
1. "Why do you need an EpiPen? Just don't eat the things you're allergic to."
 |
| Why didn't I think of that? |
Let's finish this up with a positive one: "I made you something you can eat. Here are the ingredients."
No comments:
Post a Comment